Digital South Action Group
Welcome to the Digital South Action Group
Why the need for Digital South?
A knowledge based economy relies on information which will more often than not be the result of some type of digital interaction, be it a website, your smartphone, a podcast or a connected sensor sending data to the cloud. Therefore, for Digital South, the aim is to make the South the best place to live work & play but from a Digital viewpoint.
Digital South covers any business that is or uses ‘digital' in the Business South region. These digital business’ are diverse and cover every sector from hardware and embedded systems through to gaming, system integrators, data scientists and digital agencies!
Digital is pervasive and touches every aspect of our lives. As adoption of technology grows and matures, the digital sector impacts more and more in other sectors such as Healthcare, Transport, Manufacturing, Finance, Energy, Marine, Construction, Retail and Defence.
The digital economy is growing and is integral to the regions future success and whilst there are many groups, organisations and initiatives already doing great work, our mission is work in collaboration with everyone in the region to support and promote the great work going on. We aim to be a 'go to' resource for those new or looking to improve their knowledge of the digital world or find out about the amazing happening in our area.
Resetting the agenda
Digital South has been around since 2016 but in 2018 reformed and regrouped with new faces and new ideas. Rather than being 'another digital group' we are currently exploring how we create the most value for the region and don't end up duplicating the work of the dozens of other amazing groups already helping the digital community and beyond.
The first half of 2018 has allowed the Digital South group to review their purpose and reason for being which is outlined below
Why Digital South exists
To help businesses in the South grow by improving knowledge, insight and intelligence of technology.
What Digital South does
We work collaboratively to bring together businesses, organisations and talent to showcase best practice and experiences of the digital world to help you understand how to use all aspects of technology.
How we do it
We facilitate in-depth conversations by curating content, engagements and events based on our research & connections within the Business South network.
Supporting the Business South network
Digital South will be working alongside the other action groups within Business South HR to help spread the word of digital to those industries which are still not seeing competitive advantage through the adoption of technology in its widest context. We appreciate that there is still work to be done raising awareness of the benefits digital and IT can bring and are working in collaboration with these groups to help promote our message!
- Solent Growth Hub - one stop shop for public sector funding in the Solent region
- EM3 Growth Hub - one stop shop for EM3 LEP based business’.
- Silicon South - A Dorset focus for digital activity in that county.
- Wired Sussex - Sussex region digital team - also run the Brighton Digital Catapult.
- Digital Catapult - brings innovators, academics and business together.
- Creative Network South - Arts, Digital, Media, Makers, Entertainment - a creative network of networks for the South of England
- Business Collective - The Business Collective is a network of organisations pooling and exchanging their resources with the aim of helping to build their local economic and social wellbeing
- Culture Hampshire - one stop shop to find creatives and cultural activities in Hampshire
- GalaSX - Solent Regions own CryptoCurrency & Blockchain technology
Anna Hales, Action Group Lead