Regenerate South focuses on the delivery of privately owned, commercial and mixed use development sites within the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
Regenerate South focuses on the delivery of privately owned, commercial and mixed use development sites within the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and to maintain a steady supply of market ready sites which can be actively promoted to attract inward investment.
It aims to:
- Generate innovative and challenging proposals for regeneration to help change the dynamics of development, to gain public and prvate sector support for key economic developments and promote them with all stakeholders
- Join expertise from the private and public sectors to form a strategy and provide advice on how to deliver market ready sites in the Solent region
- Regularly engage with key stakeholders in the private and public sectors to maintain an up-to-date 'knowledge base' of market ready sites and investment potential sites in the region
- Promote sites and the Solent region at a national and international level
- Facilitate the private sector in accessing public sector support and funding
- Regularly engage with the Solent LEP's Land, Property and Infrastructure Board and Delivery Panel to ensure collaborative working
Regen South Conference
Regen South is an annual conference organised by the Business South Regenerate South action group. The aim is to showcase development opportunities in the region and in 2015 the keynote speaker was David West, (pictured) an Urban Designer and Founding Director of SEW with 20 years experience in Urban Visions, Place Making and Strategic Framework plans.
Here's some feedback from the day ...
"A really informative seminar.The speakers gave knowledgeable and interesting presentations of activity and opportunities in the Southampton and Portsmouth areas," - Andrew Pratt, Senior Residential Consultant, Patrizia UK
"This event symbolises what Business South is all about - a great line up of thought provoking speakers, high quality peer level networking, professionally organised in a super venue - and everyone united in wanting the best for the future of our region," - David Fletcher, Assistant Director, Economic Development Hampshire County Council.
"The South has an opportunity over the next few years to make real progress with significant regeneration, an opportunity which must not be missed. Events such as MIPIM and this conference will serve to develop momentum and and drive out the best quality and added value for the region," - Allan Gordon, Chairman of Regenerate South.
Anna Hales, Action Group Lead