Fareham Borough Council new vision outlined for Daedalus
A new vision has been drawn up for Solent Airport at Daedalus by Fareham Borough Council and residents are being asked for their views on the plans. An exhibition of the vision and a Community Action Team meeting will be held at the Fareham Innovation Centre (Bridge Conference Centre) on Friday 15th March at 7pm.
The Council acquired the land at Daedalus in March 2015 and since then key achievements at Daedalus include:
- An increase in flights by 50%
- The creation of 650 jobs
- The Innovation Centre reached 100% occupancy within a year with a £7m extension opened in 2018
- The opening of Café Zero 5
- Winning two South Coast Property Awards – Development of the Year and Business Park Innovation of the Year
The vision plan for the next three to five years includes:
- Providing new commercial buildings for employment opportunities
- More community facilities including a heritage facility, Daedalus Common, play facilities and a gate guardian.
- Improved airport infrastructure, including runway lights to increase safety for pilots and the Marine and Coastguard Agency, aircraft parking and navigational equipment to aid pilots with precision landing approaches
- Considering expansion opportunities at the airport, including increased flight movements
The vision can be found online at www.fareham.gov.uk and the closing date for comments is Friday 15th March.
Also we have a live consultation link for our survey on the priorities for the next 3-5 years
Cllr Seán Woodward, Leader of Fareham Borough Council, said: “Daedalus is a real success story and we want to continue building on our existing achievements at Solent Airport and our business parks.
“We would like to hear the views of residents, so we can build a real community vision for the future of Daedalus.”